After a limited testing mainnet – Baby Alpha, recently zkSync has officially “opened” for projects that want to test the mainnet of the zkEVM solution built by this organization.
On the official zkSync Twitter, the announcement of the new mainnet phase has also been announced by the project.
The wait is over.
All aboard zkSync Era∎ Mainnet!
Today, Ethereum’s first zkEVM is:
• Opening mainnet to builders
• Adopting a brand new name
• Open-sourcing its entire codebasehttps://t.co/PoZeliPU8t
— zkSync (@zksync) February 16, 2023
The biggest changes related to zkSync’s zkEVM solution include:
- Open mainnet for project programming team.
- Launching a new brand. Changed the name from zkSync 2.0 to zkSync Era.
- Open source deployment of the entire source code of the project
In addition, the project also announced a few notable milestones related to the test network (Testnet) such as: 9 million transactions performed, 30,000 contracts deployed, 497,000 active wallet addresses .
In the above tweet, zkSync also revealed changes in the new product development roadmap (Roadmap). Earlier in November, zkSync implemented the Baby Alpha mainnet and tested the features to a limited extent.
>> See more: zkSync rolls out “Baby Alpha” beta to mainnet 2.0
With this move, zkSync has gone from Baby Alpha to Fair Onboarding. It is expected that in the near future, the remaining important milestones of the project will include:
- Full Launch Alpha
- Improved Developer and UX
- Layer-3 Proof of Concept
- And finally a fully decentralized implementation
Also this week, another organization also building a zkEVM solution, Polygon, announced its mainnet roadmap. These moves are heating up the zkEVM race that has already attracted a lot of attention in mid-2022.