OKX recently conducted a survey on the impact of the Shanghai-Capella upgrade on the Ethereum network. The survey results were released on April 7, 2023, and the majority of respondents believe that more ETH will be pledged in the coming months, and the price of ETH may hit a new all-time high.
#OKX Survey finds 63% expect record highs #Ethereum Post-Shanghai Capella upgrade https://t.co/6fdRRbeg5I
— Kyptos (@azcoinnews) April 8, 2023
The upgrade, also known as Shapella, is scheduled for April 13, 2023 (UTC). A key feature of the upgrade is that it will allow withdrawal of staked ETH, which is not possible at the time of writing. This is an event of particular interest to investors and traders in the Ethereum community.
The survey conducted by OKX included 700 Ethereum traders, investors and developers at the ETH Denver conference March 1-5, 2023. The main findings of the survey are as follows:
- 83% of respondents believe that more ETH will be staked in the next three months.
- 63% of respondents predict that by the end of 2023, ETH will hit an all-time high above $5,000.
- 79% of respondents expect the price of ETH to react to another Shapella The Merge.
- 59% believe growth will continue before and after the upgrade.
- 20% think ETH will trade sideways.
- 33% of respondents expect ETH to exceed its current 6-month high of $2,000 by June 2023, but remain below its 12-month high of $3,000.
- 34% of respondents predict that ETH will be below $2,000, while 33% believe it will reach at least $3,100 by June 2023.
Currently, 18 million ETH has been staked, equivalent to more than $33.6 billion. Investors can earn APR by staking 4.65% of ETH.
OKX announced that they will begin processing pledged ETH withdrawal requests within a week of Shapella’s launch, after completing on-chain code checks to ensure customer safety.
OKX is known as the fastest and most reliable cryptocurrency trading app for professional investors and traders. The OKX survey shows that the Ethereum community is optimistic about the future of ETH, especially the upcoming Shapella upgrade.
- Protocol Allowing ETH Restaking Just Launched on Testnet
- Can $1,850 Consolidate Help ETH Move Higher?
according to Kyptos